your best massage

Everything you need to know about massage therapy

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Ahh.... the sanctity of finding one's true aim...
where the heart beats home
where the mind knows peace
where the body feels perfection
where the soul finds eternal freedom
in the boundless, blue ocean of truth.


I wrote this poem two years ago when I didn't know anything about Watsu. I believe that this describes ultimate peace. That's been my personal experience with Watsu. In giving and receiving a Watsu session there is ultimate peace and that is just another reason why Watsu can be so healing for so many people - including the person who's giving the session. This is the peace so many people are trying to find through meditation, yoga, exercise, dance, music, and even drugs. It's the feeling that people describe when they are operating "in the zone." The peace that I experience when I'm giving a Watsu session results from my ability to open up and allow space for my client to meet their true self. This happens when there is unconditional support offered.

For me, giving a Watsu session is such a tranquil, focused meditation where I'm able to use all of my skills that I've learned over the past 13 years as a massage therapist. With my client's body in the water, I'm able to reach more muscles in so many different ways and open more tight places in so many different directions (without pain!!!) because gravity is not an issue. The client floats and through studying Watsu I've learned how to work with the water, actually...I've learned that the water is doing most of the work. Unlike a regular massage session where I'm the one who's doing all of the work. A client now can experience massage all over their body all at the same time because of the hydrostatic pressure. The water is constantly and gently working the circulatory system, the lymphatic system and the connective tissue system. It feels so great!!! Meanwhile, while all that is going on at the same time, I'm able to move the client's body in different positions so that I can massage and stretch the muscle tissue and free the joints.

Once the body feels free from pain, the mind has the ability to quiet and when that happens ...ULTIMATE PEACE!!!!!!!!!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home